Sunday, August 2, 2009

Can't feel it, but I can sure see it!

Here's our little pride and joy at 12 weeks. It's funny, being a mother is something I've yearned for for so many years and felt SO blessed to see those 2 pink lines- I thought I'd immediately fall in love with the being growing in my womb...but it really wasn't until a few weeks ago that I starting thinking more about this little one and having dreams and thoughts about touching him/her, holding their little fingers and smelling their sweet smell. But this...this really did it for me. We went in for some testing at 12 weeks and were able to have another ultrasound and see our babe like I never thought possible. The still picture doesn't do it justice, and I know you moms out there can agree. Watching this little one move and bounce and wiggle on the screen brought tears to my eyes and a warmth to my very soul that I didn't know was possible. The baby was moving around so much that Mark kept saying "you can't feel that?!". He was just as in awe as I was. The first ultrasound was incredible, seeing that little "blob" and knowing there really was "something" in there...but this one, where the baby actually looks like...well...a baby...my heart melts every time I look at this picture. Even though I can't feel this babe move yet, I'm so in love with him/her that sometimes I think my heart may burst- and I'm told it becomes even stronger- how is that possible with what I already feel?! I have such a peace that everything is well with this baby and I don't say that boastfully. It is only through the Holy Spirit's presence that I can feel this way and I have daily prayed to not be anxious about the future of this child, and I'm so grateful for the calm I'm experiencing...at this moment, anyway. =) I want to enjoy each moment of this pregnancy and not just be "waiting" for the baby to come out. Even though I know my baby can't feel my touch, I find myself rubbing my belly all the time. Mark asked me once why I do this and I said "I want the baby to know I'm here and I love them". It's probably more for me than the baby at this point, but that's okay. There will come a day where my touch really will bring comfort and calm to this little one...Mark is incredible, amazing, excited...it's so fun to watch his reactions to our ultrasounds and the way he looks at me now. I imagine it's a strange but wonderful feeling to watch this process going on in your wife. He is so supportive, and I can't imagine experiencing this pregnancy without him.


Here I am at 12 weeks 5 days. It's funny how every woman's body changes differently. While I've only seen myself grow in the "belly" region, I have friends that still looked their old self at this point. For a while, I felt a little weird about that, but now I'm embracing it and enjoying this new world of "paneled pants". If I look happy in this picture, it's because I truly am. =)

9 comments:

J Yo said...

If you think your heart might burst now wait until those first moments, the first smiles, first giggles...first hugs and I love you's!?! You're in for such an amazing journey...I could cry just thinking about it. It's like your heart grows a whole new pocket just for your baby!!

Congrats, Robin! I'm so incredibly happy for you... :)

P.S. You look AMAZING! Positively glowing. :)

anne said...

You are too cute! It's such a blessing to sit back and watch the Lord bless you and Mark like this...so fun to be along for the ride. ;)

If I'm excited to meet baby Pearson, I can't even begin to imagine how you must feel! Hooray!

Love you!

Nicole said...

Tears in my eyes... So happy for you! :)

christy said...

It only gets better my friend! You are going to love it. You look just lovely my dear. I can't wait to watch your cute belly grow even more!

John and Bree plus 3 (and a dog!) said...

I'm going for my first appt today - finally I'm 12 weeks! :) I can't wait to hear that 1st heartbeat. I remember that with each baby - and you're right - you think your heart may burst now... just wait... you're in for the ride of your life! :) It's worth all the sleeplessness, pain, discomfort, and inconvenience. You look so fantastic and I am so excited for you. Being a Momma is positively the best thing in the world!

Katie said...

Hey Robs!

That tum is lookin' good! :)Can't wait to see it in person! Mom has a picture of when she was pregnant with Jeff and compared bellies with Uncle John's gut...you should try it with Aaron. :)

See you in a couple weeks!

Kates

Kristen Gough said...

i loved reading this post, robin. what a beautiful mama you are already. and your belly shot is adorable--you are so fit and cute with that little baby belly!

Robin said...

You girls are so encouraging, I could read these comments over and over. =) Thank you.
Katie- I clicked on your name thing and it took me to some girl named Jackie's blog....what?

tiffany jeanne said...

When they place that pink, wet, little crying baby on your chest after labor you will melt again in a way you will never be able to wrap your mind around until it happens. My heart is bursting with happiness for you, Robin. This is an AMAZING journey and just reading this post made me recall all of my 'firsts' being pregnant with Avery...and made me a little teary because of how special it all is!

You already are a truly awesome mama!

So excited to watch your family (and your belly) grow!!!!