Friday, November 27, 2009

Happenings...



This is me at 29 1/2 weeks and the first year I didn't have to suck in after Thanksgiving dinner. :) Every woman's dream, right? Things have been busy around here, and as usual, the blogging is the first thing to get neglected. I was reading over some of my old posts during pregnancy and wishing I wrote more because it's neat to look back and see how I was feeling at a certain point. I can hardly believe that in a little over 10 weeks we'll have a little baby girl to take of and learn about. Here's what we've been up to lately...

-Yesterday we cleaned out the car and installed the car seat- that was fun. :)
- LOTS of finishing touches going on at home. We made our to-do list (a whole page long) of tings to get done before baby arrives and have been trying to tackle a few tasks each weekend. It's amazing how GOOD it feels to be able to check something off the list!
-Enjoyed a lovely Thanksgiving at my parents' house with Mark's parents and my extended family. I tried a few new recipes that turned out great!
-I only have 6 more weeks of teaching left, which just blows my mind. I've had a full-time job for the last 6 years; I have a bit of anxiety over not contributing financially to our family...that being said, I'm so grateful to be able to be at home after the baby is born and not worry about returning to work right away.
-Contemplating going out to shop today- it is Black Friday and I've discovered that there are just as many deals online...so I may stay here, put up the Xmas tree, and shop from the couch. Besides, I love getting packages in the mail, even if I know what is in them!
-Still thinking about names for baby girl, we're not actively searching, so I think we've pretty much settled, but we both think we'll have to look at her before we name her.
-Mark declared the other day "I don't want any video games for Christmas". Wow. Things are sure changing around here.
- He then said "Well, maybe just Modern Warfare 2".
- I've been in a cooking rut. I tried some great new recipes a couple weeks ago, but we've been so busy in the evenings lately that it's hard to cook every night and then we just end up eating the same go-to things...looking forward to Christmas break from school and a chance to experiment in the kitchen more.
- Looking forward to taking a walk by the lake today- it's such a beautiful day, but who knows how long the rain-less weather will last?!

I'll post some "after" shots of the house soon, I know I've been saying that forever, but I just want things to be in their place before I snap any photos. :)

Hoping you had a fabulous Thanksgiving yesterday- I'm so thankful for so many things this year, too many to list, but definitely including Mark, our baby, our health, our jobs, our home, and our wonderful families and friends. We are truly blessed by a God who chooses to shower us with these gifts despite how undeserving we are.

3 comments:

J Yo said...

You look so great, Robin! And what about her name? Are you keeping it a secret, undecided, or going to announce it soon?? ;)

Robin said...

Jessica- not a secret, just not totally settled yet. We both like Brynn, Mark also likes Emily... :) Hope you guys had a fabulous Thanksgiving! Owen's latest pictures are SO cute!

Robin said...

Ps- thanks for the compliment, Jessica! :)