Tuesday, June 3, 2008

This one's for Auntie Vicki...

My Auntie Vicki is the best! She is so supportive of my career thus far and is such an encouragement to me, so I'm posting this blog to say a public "thank you!" to her...AND also to share some GREAT news!

I HAVE A JOB FOR NEXT YEAR! Yay! I'll be teaching 4th grade at the school where I'm currently working. I'm so excited to know this so soon in the year- now I can prepare and plan with the current 4th grade teacher who's leaving, and also just relax! Usually, first-year teachers get a probationary-type contract their first year, but because I've taught at the school since January, I'm getting a continuing contract, which means I won't have to apply next year- I can just stay in my current position!

This is such an exciting step in my career- who knows how long God will have me in this role, but I do know that I see His work so clearly in my life and am praising Him today and always for being so faithful to me and Mark. Yes, I've worked really hard for this opportunity, but it's by the grace of God that I'm even here and that I've heard His calling to teach!

6 comments:

cacfus said...

COngrats!
I wanted to answer your question about Albertsons vs. Safeway with the grocery game...
Albertsons will accept 10 coupons from any other store each time you shop. Since Fred Meyer has good money saver coupons each week (and Safeway too) I just take them to Al's and use them. I have actually been shopping at both during my trial period and have always saved more at Al's too... BUT their produce is terrible (at least in Milton)! So I have been going to the fruit stand for that instead. Maybe Safeway is better for some, but for what I need Al's tends to be a better fit. Hope it is going well!

Sara said...

Congratulations!! I'm very excited for you! Now you can enjoy your summer and look forward to your classroom in the fall. Way to go!

Katie said...

congrats! all that hard work is finally paying off. :)

J Yo said...

Congrats, Robin!! How exciting. :)

Mandy said...

Congrats, Robyn! That's so great that you don't have to worry about it all summer! Instead yoou can relax & visit with Leta & I :)

tiffany jeanne said...

Congrats on the exciting news! And I think 4th graders are darling...a fun age! :)