Friday, August 1, 2008

What I'm doing right now...

Enjoying a latte in my new mug...yesterday was my last day teaching summer school (WOOHOO!), so after packing up my room this morning, I ran some errands and have been putzing around the house doing chores ever since.




Getting ready to wrap this birthday present for a good friend and fellow wine-lover who is having a bday bash tonight at a fun place in Seattle! What's in the bag, you ask? Two funky wine glasses and a card...


Getting REALLY excited for these! Look how cute they are! No joke, when I planted this ONE tomato plant, it was like 6 inches tall. It is now taller than me and full of tomatoes, although they aren't all ripe yet.
LOVING this fun book! After all the hours I pour over curriculum books, teaching books, cookbooks, gardening books, etc., it's so nice to "watch a movie in my head" with a book like this! It's such a page turner and I'd recommend it to anyone- better yet, you can borrow it when I'm done!
It's also been really cool watching the Blue Angels practice right outside my window! I couldn't get a picture because they fly too fast. I love our little city by the lake!

5 comments:

Sara said...

Enjoy all these moments now for when you and Mark have your little one, you will read back on these posts with fond memories. Our single tomato plant is putting out mnay tomatoes as well...yum!

Mandy said...

I'm glad you're done with summer school & just get to relax now! Love hearing about what you're up to & how you're embracing that time to relax :)
Maybe we can do coffee when I get back from my next 2 trips

Anonymous said...

Hey, cool tomato plant pic! :)

Sara said...

The book shocked me at first with the language, not that I'm not used to hearing it, I'm just not used to reading it. No real new information except for the part when they take the animals to the slaughter house, but it made me think harder about what to feed Sis and is it necessary to give her cow milk or just give her rice milk and bypass the hormones. Lots to think about.

Lauren said...

Robin, I've been lurking around your blog for a little while, after I found it on your facebook page. Thanks for writing! I love seeing what you're up to!