Monday, August 18, 2008

8 things


8 things I am passionate about

  • My faith in Jesus Christ
  • My hubby
  • My career
  • Food, cooking eat, eating it, sharing it....
  • Intentional relationships
  • My memory foam mattress and pillow
  • Helping others
  • Preparing for/being the best wife and mother I can be

8 books I've read & enjoyed

  • The Undomestic Goddess- so fun!
  • Anything by Augusten Burroughs
  • Pride and Prejudice
  • The Power of a Praying Wife
  • The Bible
  • Let Your Life Speak (changed my life)
  • The Other Boleyn Girl
  • What to Expect While You're Expecting (no harm in preparing early, right?)

8 words/phrases I say often

  • I love you
  • Go ask 3 other people, and if you still don't know, ask me. (talking to students)
  • I already gave directions for that. (talking to students)
  • Totally (bad habit)
  • Not right now (to students...seeing a theme here?)
  • Wanna go for a walk? (are you smiling, Mark?)
  • Does that seem like a reasonable answer? (again, students)
  • Did you lock the doors? (to Mark)

8 things I want to do before I die

  • Make babies with my hot husband
  • Go on more mission trips
  • Zipline in Kauai
  • Taking a cooking class with Ina Garten (and eat with her after, she seems nice)
  • Sing at the Metropolitan Opera
  • Learn to play guitar
  • Become a grandma
  • Run a marathon...okay maybe a half marathon

8 things I've learned over the past

  • People are more important than things and money
  • The American cultural Christmas is over-rated
  • Mark is truly the love of my life
  • It's okay to recognize the gifts I have and use them
  • No one cares whether my house is clean...except me. =)
  • I am saved by grace through faith
  • Debt isn't a necessary evil, it's just evil.
  • It is more important to be who you are than who everyone else thinks you should be

8 places I want to see.

  • Italy
  • Jerusalem
  • Point of Arches
  • Fiji
  • Egypt
  • Inside the White House
  • Africa
  • Amish country

8 things I need

  • To lose 10 more pounds (getting there!)
  • A Mexican vacation
  • A haircut...well, maybe just a trim
  • To get used to my new glasses
  • To get the clean sheets out of the dryer
  • To go for a run
  • To be thankful
  • To stop getting so excited for fall decorating/baking- it's kinda out of control

1 comment:

Sara said...

Oh my gosh, you're too funny. Pregnant...gotta wait on that one till Sis is one year of age. I have to say I wish I was pregnant instead of going back to work :) Hopefully you and Mark won't have to wait too long! Once you get your first year under your belt, you're golden.