Thursday, December 18, 2008

An evening walk in the snow...

Mark and I decided to explore our neighborhood this afternoon...boy did we get a lot of snow! I was about to walk out the door this morning when my district canceled school. I was glad since we live on a hill and my route to work is also full of hills. Mark stayed home too, so we had a fun day of relaxing, finishing my holiday baking from yesterday, and a nap. A GREAT nap. :)

I am sad we didn't have school today because we were going to have a party in class, my parents and Mark planned to come, my mom was going to teach my class a craft I did when I was in elementary school, and I had gifts for my students and staff. :( Oh well, I guess I can't complain about the early introduction to winter break!

So, back to the walk...it was peaceful out and a fun time with my hunk. :)

The MONSTROUS house being built up the street. The houses in our neighborhood were all built in the 40's, so this one really sticks out. Notice the roof line of the house next to it. Yup, it's THAT tall!

We were so amazed to see the UPS guys out, we just had to take their picture.


A little fuzzy, but this documents that we were actually out. :)


Our cozy house with my newly-painted red door!


Mark snowboarding...in front of our house. :)

I'm looking forward to another relaxing day tomorrow, getting laundry and cleaning done- hopefully I can get out at some point because I still have lots to finish before Christmas! Hope you are all staying warm!

5 comments:

Doreen T. said...

Great photos! Still praying for you daily... Merry Christmas!

Robin said...

Thanks, Doreen. I'm feeling much better since I'm now taking medication. I do hope that someday I'll be able to handle this on my own. Thank you for your thoughtfulness.

Mandy said...

looks like fun! Your house looks so cute & cozy! And I love that you have a red door- I've always wanted a red door- maybe someday we'll paint ours :)
Hope you're enjoying the snow again today.

tiffany jeanne said...

You two are too cute! Congrats on your early start to winter break but I'd be bummed, also, about missing the fun party! Your students are so lucky to have such a caring teacher!

John and Bree plus 3 (and a dog!) said...

They closed school on Wednesday (no snow!), we had school Thursday (lots of snow in the AM), and then they canceled school today (about 2 inches today). So, my students missed their gingerbread house making party today. Bummer. We'll do it in January though. Right now the roads are just wet so I'm going to head out in a few minutes to run a couple of errands. I'm a little jealous at your many inches of snow. We barely have enough to make a snowman. Maybe we'll get more tomorrow... P.S. We'll be up for Christmas starting the 27th and are free the evening of Dec. 29, anytime on the 30th, or the 2nd... let us know if you would like to get together! Love you!