Monday, December 15, 2008

What we've been up to...

It's been a while...hi, how are you? :) There has been a lot going on in the Pearson home that I should have been blogging about, but in the midst of the last month, which was full of school functions, conferences, report cards and the like, well...I've been tired. Sometimes, blogging just feels like work- maybe some of you agree. I do love sharing what our life is like, and peeking into yours as well, but sometimes we all need a break. But here I am, sitting on the couch with a cup of coffee, enjoying the gift of time that has been given to me in the form of a late-start day because of the snow- I wanted to take this time to check in.

These are quite random pictures, but they all made me smile, so I wanted to share...




We've fallen in love with this little dog. My parents got him last summer and he's been a great companion. Here is Coco after his weekly bath. My dad treats him like a baby- this is the closet thing he has to a grandchild right now...we'll have to change that soon. :)


And just for kicks, this is me enjoying the last day of summer with Mark, dining at the Newcastle Golf Club. If you've never been, it is unbelievable. The view is out of this world.


This is some of my staff at our holiday party over the weekend. It was a blast! I love these people- God has truly blessed me with an amazing place to teach and friends in the faces here...

Having fun with the creepy moving hand that was a white elephant gift. It had a remote control and the fingers wiggled. egh.

A view of our tree from the front yard. We've really been taking a different perspective with Xmas this year, as are a lot of people I think. I love to shop, give and receive as much as anyone, but I really wanted this year to be more about Christ, and the family traditions we have. It's a gift alone to have this life, and to spend it with those we love, to live in a country where we can worship the Lord freely and to not live in fear of persecution...these are the gifts we receive each day of the year, and honestly, it's been a huge load-off to focus more on that than anything else. Also, with the remodel we're planning/hoping to do in 2009, we wanted to stay on budget with our gifts, and it's been fun to have to sit back and actually think about what would be great for each person, instead of rushing out and trying to buy as much as possible, as fat as possible. We've also had a lot of fun adopting kids to buy gifts for- it was one of my favorite memories this year so far...a great date night with Mark to do something meaningful for others. :) Thanks, honey, for doing that with me! I'm looking forward to a wonderful holiday season!

Also- I'd love to send Xmas cards to my blogging buddies! Email me your address at robincpearson at gmail dot com. :)

Hoping that December is treating you all well!

3 comments:

tiffany jeanne said...

So glad you're back in the 'blog' world. I sometimes need a break (and then get phone calls about why I don't blog anymore...) but that's how it goes. Have happy holidays!

Cara Grube :) said...

I totally agree about taking a break from the blog...sometimes I feel like I have to post something just because it's been 4 or 5 days, even if I don't have anything to write about. Good to know I'm not the only one that feels like it's a chore sometimes :) Plus, I also feel a little disconnected from people when my only contact with them is thru the internet...but I guess that's better than nothing. And it's been nice to make new friends too :) Glad you're back and I hope you have a wonderfully happy Christmas!

Mandy said...

yay! It was fun to hear what you've been up to, Robin! And I totally agree with you about shifting our focus this Christmas. Matt have beeen kinda' forced to do that this year with less money to spend on others than usual. And it's been such a fun challenge- to really scout for deals, put a lot of thought into what people might like, give as many homemade gifts as possible, etc... I'm completely with you on that one!
Hope you have a wonderful break!