Wednesday, February 18, 2009

A weekend in pictures...













I'm on mid-winter break this week (yahoo!) and have been enjoying checking off my to-do list, visiting with friends and family, and in general just loving being in charge of my own time.=) This past weekend we had a great time celebrating V-day and my birthday in Seattle. One of my dear friends got married Saturday morning, so that's what began our festivities. We stayed at the W hotel, a place we've always wanted to try, had a fabulous dinner at Palomino (thanks, mom and dad!), went to the aquarium, walked around Pike Place market, stood in line for what seemed like an hour at the original Starbucks (my americano was definitely worth the wait), watched the man at the Beecher's cheese shop stir a HUGE tub of cheese, and enjoyed great sunny weather the whole time. Ironically, as we drove home, it started to rain.

I feel so blessed to be able to celebrate another birthday. My mom always says that having another year to celebrate IS a reason to celebrate, and we did...with pizza brought by Mark's parents and a delish cake brought by mine...I've never felt more sure of myself, confident in who I am, and content with my life than I am right now. I have the knowledge of Christ as my Savior, a husband who is so amazing it's hard to describe in words, a beautiful house that is much to large for the 2 of us, a job that I love, the ability to have extra money to create goals with...a lot of people don't have half of what I have...and I know it could all be taken away in an instant. The Lord is SO good and I'm overcome with adoration and awe in Him.

Today I'm looking forward to checking a few more things off my list, getting to visit with some of the kiddos I used to nanny and their mama, and excited about bible study tonight! I hope you're all enjoying the day! xo

2 comments:

tiffany jeanne said...

Happy birthday Robin! So great to meet you in person! Enjoy the next few days of getting to be the boss of your time!

Cara Grube :) said...

Happy belated Birthday!

Cute pics but...that cheese one kinda makes me nervous! I love cheese, but not like that ;)