Thursday, April 30, 2009

The remodel...phase one

First, I hate blogger. Why can't it just put the pictures in order like I uploaded them? GRR!!
So...the dust has started blowing at the Pearson home. Since blogger is a little stinker, I'll have to talk about things backwards. In this phase, we're working on parts of the kitchen- new sink/oven/countertops and knocking out a wall inbetween the kitchen and dining room. Very exciting. Then this summer we'll reface the cabinets and replace all the flooring on the main level with hardwood.




Our dinner the first night with no kitchen...not bad! of course, I'm holding a glass of wine in my hand...no remodel is complete without it! :)


The plastic wall. :)



Oh, old oven. How sad to see you go...not really. you burn everything, you kinda smell like chemicals every time I use you, you have weird seed things stuck in your control panel. How will I live without you? Happily.


The wall where the oven and fridge were (see before pics below) The fridge will go in that little corner.



The WORST sink setup ever! Can't wait to change it!



Looking into the living room...and the plastic wall.



The wall where the oven/fridge were.



The kitchen before. The dining room is on the other side of the wall where the fridge/oven is. There is a small pass-through hallway on the other side of the fridge, but it's so small and we never use our dining room because it feels like a cave in there. With everything opened up, we're hoping we'll use it more often.


Before...don't mind me. :)

2 comments:

tiffany jeanne said...

I said this on your facebook, but you're going to have to invite us all over to see it in person when you're finished! :) SO great to see you Wednesday evening. I'm excited to see what the Lord has in store for our little group!

J Yo said...

I keep checking to see more pics of this kitchen!! I can't wait for the after photos...

Hope all is well, Robin! :)