Tuesday, May 18, 2010

3 months

Brynn is SUCH a cute baby! I'm biased, of course. She turned 3 months yesterday and I still can't believe she's OUR baby. It's difficult to capture her smiling on camera lately because she seems mesmerized by the camera lens and just stares at it when it's pointed at her. So, although the pictures don't show it, she smiles constantly and my favorite thing is going in to get her after she's been sleeping and being greeted by a big, gummy grin and a little coo. She rolls, has great head control, is tolerating longer sessions of "tummy time" and is pretty content when she's awake. People told me the fussiness would mostly disappear after 6-8 weeks and it really has, which is so nice. It's easier to take her out and not worry about her having a meltdown. I think it's partly because she can see better and farther now, so she can observe and enjoy what's going on around her. She started laughing about a week ago and we have a video of it from this past weekend when she had her first real fit of laughter...THE CUTEST THING EVER! It's amazing how a baby's laugh just melts your heart and makes you want to laugh, too. She sucks on her hands constantly and has found her thumb, too. I sucked my thumb until the 5th grade (don't be a hater) and although it's super cute to watch her suck on hers, I don't want her to have bucked teeth and 4 1/2 years of braces like I did! We'll see. I'm thinking about making the transition from swaddle to sleep sack so she can soothe herself in the night with her fingers and also so it's easier for other people to put her down, since the swaddling is a bit complicated to get right. I'm nervous about it because Brynn always startles herself with her arms, so I'm not sure how long it will take her to get used to not being swaddled...tips and advice are welcome!
And as if on cue, Brynn is waking up from her nap, so I'll leave you with some of our latest photos!









8 comments:

Kristen Gough said...

adorable baby, adorable photos. i love the one of brynn in the bath! you are doing such an awesome job, robin!!

christy said...

You're not biased... she is ADORABLE! Seriously.

tiffany jeanne said...

I was going to say exactly what Christy said. She's a perfect doll!

Carmen said...

She is a beautiful baby! Beautiful parents also! I can't wait until Vivienne starts to laugh. Enjoy every minute! :)

Robin said...

Thanks you guys! As you all know, it's such an incredible journey!

Amber Weiseth said...

Robin seriously she is the most beautiful baby I have ever seen. Don't tell my kids I said that. :). I have enjoyed watching you become a mommy. I am so proud of you and your choices.

Stefanie said...

she is completely adorable!! You are right!

Nicole said...

I'm echoing the comments, Brynn is absolutely adorable! And, I love the one of the two of you, seriously beautiful :)