Wednesday, March 26, 2008

My oh my, how time flies...






Well, here it is, over a week and my first post. Yikes. So much for the "once a week" goal! Oh well. Things from the last week and a half:

-A great Easter weekend spent with family and friends, celebrating Mark's sister's 25th birthday, and having some time to myself on Friday night to fold laundry, bake Easter goodies for friends, and watch "Becoming Jane". Have you seen this movie? EXCELLENT!

-My first "Open House" at school. It was great to meet all the parents and be greeted with such heart-warming comments, coming in mid-year.

-Trying to pin down ideas for my spring break coming up. Hoping to catch up with friends, but also get some things down around here like refinishing a couple pieces of furniture...just have to decide on colors.

-Had a couple dizzy spells this week. I stayed home from work yesterday because of it. Hopefully it's just a weird bug, but prayers are appreciated. I have a doc appointment in a few weeks, so we'll see. Does anyone else wish it was standard procedure to do an entire "body scan" each time you're in for a physical so you can see that everything is okay on the inside?

-My principal observed me teach today and it went fabulously. Anyone who teaches understands what I mean...well-behaved students, engaged minds, my lesson carefully scaffolded, preparing them to answer questions by giving them creative ways to make sure they had the right answer...I was a bit nervous about it, seeing as this was my first "official" observation that will go in my records, but the Lord was with me and I truly felt it.

-Lots of really fun and delicious things have been created and devoured in my kitchen this last week...of course consumed with interesting new wines as well!

-Our weekends have been full of friends, yard work, activites...so much so that we STILL have not visited the church in our neighborhood that we've been wanting to try...I know, we're bad.

What's on the docket for the next few days? Well....for us...WORK! :) But then, prepping our home for a weekend of friends coming over for dinner, a birthday party, another dinner party, and our Sunday looks open for church and a visit to our local coffee and cupcake shop! 

2 comments:

Mandy said...

Sounds like you've been busy, Robin. I want to know what all those good food items are at the top! Those look amazing! Hope you have a good spring break! You deserve some time relaxing!

cacfus said...

I get dizzy spells this time of year from allergies oddly enough. It has something to do with the inner ear... Sounds weird, but allergy meds always take it away! Hopefully it will be something little like that.