Wednesday, March 5, 2008

There's more where these came from...

I got this from Mandy...join in friends!

7 random facts about me:


1. I have to prep my coffeemaker at night for the next day, complete with freshly ground beans and the "auto-on" feature. Nothing wakes me up like the smell of brewing coffee as I come into the kitchen after my morning workout and shower...mmm...I can't wait for tomorrow. :)

2. I can't stand other people touching my pillow. Mark knows this and it's always the thing he does to annoy me. If I see him rubbing his head or body on my pillow, I have to change the case on it. Is that weird? Probably.

3. I love eating mint chocolate chip ice cream, in a mug, with a fork. It just tastes better that way.

4. Sniffing gives me a headache. If I even have the slightest runny nose, I have to blow it out, even if it seems uncalled for. We go through a lot of tissues in the Pearson house.

5. My brother sometimes calls me "Biggens"...It's always been the joke of the family that I'm the only woman in 3 generations to have such a full...ahem...bosom.

6. I can't swallow pills. I used to be able to swallow giant vitamins and pills, but somehow, over the last few years, I've developed a very sensitive gag reflex...imagine how terrified I was of starting to take prenatal vitamins! My doctor said I could mash them up and mix them into juice or yogurt- she thought it would taste worse, but I'd much rather taste it than dry-heave over the kitchen sink for hours trying to get one down! I know...gross.

7. I have a chip in one of my front teeth. Years ago, while trying to impress some kid I was babysitting, I ended up falling on a toy and chipped my tooth. My dentist always fixes it when I go in, but if I bite into an apple or carrot , sometimes the filament comes off and you can see (gasp!) the chip!

Okay, I'm done...Song, Jessica...you're it!

5 comments:

Rebekah said...

Hi Robin, I am a friend of Mandys and have been "snooping" on your site the last few weeks. I love your list tonight and totally have the same problem with gagging on prenatal vitamins (are you pregnant? congrats if you are!) anyway my doctor gave me some that actually have a sweet coating to help get em down...random but maybe something that might help. Anyway hope you don't mind me peeking on your blog - oh and that recipe on your last post looks tasty I might have to try that soon!

Mandy said...

I love your list, Robin! the pillow one cracks me up! Hope you're doing well-I'm echoing Rebekah's question about the vitamins... :)

J Yo said...

I must let you know that I have not forgotten about my charge to make a list!! I'm just trying to think of that many interesting things... :) I WILL do it soon, though... :)

Mandy said...

what happened to that post about teaching- I ws going to comment on how hilarious it was & now it's gone :)
anyways, hope you're doing well!

cacfus said...

Mmm... my mouth waters when I think about the smell of freshly brewed coffee. I think I actually like the smell better then the taste.