Sunday, July 6, 2008

Summer fun!

We look as good as we felt. =)

So, time has been passing quickly with all the STUFF going on around here! I have found myself panicked and almost paralyzed when confronted with the idea of updating this blog, because I don't know where to start! I think I have to realize that I'm really just doing this to keep in touch with others and no one really wants to know ALL the details of the Pearson Prose, right? =)

Since I last posted, Mark and I enjoyed a fabulous long weekend in Walla Walla, celebrating our 5 year anniversary. Seriously people, Walla Walla is the new Napa. =) It's such a cute town, with breath-taking vineyards, and amazingly good ice cream cones. Despite the heat, and it was hot, we had a great time...we haven't been away together in a couple years and we have realized how good it is for our marriage- wouldn't you agree?

I started my 4 week journey of teaching summer school and it's a blast...I was so burnt out at the end of the school year and also frazzled about prepping myself for the fall, that I was not looking forward to teaching during the summer, but it has been super easy and fun so far and a great way to earn a bit more- I'm saying it goes towards my new kitchen. =) Hopefully, those "before" pics will be on here in a couple months!

We just returned today from spending the 4th at our family cabin in Eastern Washington...my mom is touring Europe with her choir and her absence was sorely felt! We did have a wonderful time, though...family bonding is always "good times".

Other than that, our days have been filled with keeping up on our house and yard, visiting friends, keeping up with all those who are expecting (which is fun for me because I'm enjoying making things for them with my sewing machine!) and just trying to take it easy this summer. I love keeping up with everyone and hope you're all enjoying a fantastic summer! I've got the burnt shoulders to prove that I am! =)

2 comments:

John and Bree plus 3 (and a dog!) said...

Robin! You look beautiful in that picture. And I do agree - going away together/alone is great for a marriage... now if only we'd remember that and do it more often right?!?! :) See you soon?!?! <>< Bree

Sara said...

Looks like a good time Robin. You know, you and Mark should go down to Eugene and tour the wineries in that area. King Estate is out there as are some other fantastic wineries. I love Pinot Noir which is the specialty of the Willamette Valley. Glad you're enjoying your summer!