Saturday, September 27, 2008

When the hubby is away...

I play!

Mark is away at "Man's Weekend", which began Thursday and will go til tomorrow. My poor brother, who broke his leg and had to have surgery on Thursday, will be surrounded by all his "man friends", doing all the things that men do best. :)

Yesterday, after being at work until almost 8pm, I had a very exciting evening. Here's what I did:
- ate leftovers
- played with my new label-maker (don't be a hater)
- baked cookies
- went to bed at 10

Now, I'm enjoying a cup of freshly brewed coffee (btw, I've noticed that all bloggers seem to love a fresh cup of coffee) and then I'm off in a bit to get my hair colored and have lunch/go shopping with my dad. :)

I'm trying out a new salon and I'm a bit nervous. Is it appropriate to ask for prayer for my hair?

After that, I'm probably come home and scrub toilets this afternoon. I know, thrilling. Ever since school started, it's been so crazy during the week that I forget to make plans for the weekend- I need to work on that because I don't want my friends to think I'm lame.

Sunday I'll go to church and then meet up with Mark for his dad's birthday celebration.

I hope everyone enjoys a wonderful weekend! I'll post pictures of my new 'do later!

5 comments:

tiffany jeanne said...

OOOO! Must be the season for new hair! Looking forward to seeing the new do!

Doreen T. said...

I can so relate with being nervous about a new hair salon. The lady who had done my hair for 20 YEARS retired last May and I thought I was going to die! Any change is tough, but a change in who's doing your hair is the TOUGHEST! Hope you'll post a photo. :)

Btw, did you ever get together w/ Krista & Erik?

John and Bree plus 3 (and a dog!) said...

Robin,

I can't wait to see the new do! I haven't had my haircut since August. I really need it done but don't really have them time. Oh well... 1st graders don't care that much anyway. HA! How is 4th grade?!?! We'll be up next weekend... what are y'all doing Friday night? Want to meet for dessert? Coffee? Love you & miss you friend!

Sara said...

Hope you liked your new hair person. Here's my goal for you. Give yourself until Christmas break to stay as long as you like at work. After break, leave 30 minutes after the kids do (or whatever your contracted hours are). You're not getting paid to stay late and the "in" box is never ever empty so you might as well take off and hang out with Mark :) How is 4th grade going?

Robin said...

Doreen- So fun to see a comment from you! :) Yes, we did see K&E a coouple months ago-they came for dinner and it was so fun to catch up..we'll have to do it again!

Bree- Would LOVE to see you! Let's touch base over email...

Tiffany- I showed the pic of your new 'do to my friend and she likes it so much, she's going to copy...you may be starting a trend!

Sara- okay, okay, I hear you...you say the same thing as all my other teacher-friends...the classroom is like a black hole, the longer you stay...well, the longer you stay! :)