Monday, October 27, 2008

What I've been up to (list format)

I've decided lists are more efficient sometimes, so here we go:

This weekend/last week I...
-Freaked out about getting a sub for the first time.
-Stayed at school til 10pm on Wednesday to make sub plans for 3 days while thinking to myself, "there's no way I could do this with kids at home".
-Drove to Oregon on Thursday with Mark and my in-laws.
-Drove to California on Friday and met my uncle Bob on the way at a rest stop on the side of the road in the middle of nowhere (it doesn't take much to impress him) :)
-Went to a really fun rehearsal dinner and ate delicious walnut prawns with Mark's extended family, who are SO much fun!
-Thought about how full my school email inbox probably is.
-Enjoyed a fabulous time hanging out with Mark's family and attending a wedding for one of his cousins.
-Had a bbq in 80 degree weather.
-Wanted to see the Tangens while we were there, but ran out of time. After experiencing the 80 degree weather in October, understood why they moved there.
-Decided to fly home Sunday night so we could spend more time with family instead of taking Sunday and Monday to drive home.
-Endured a smooth flight. (I don't appreciate flying...at all.)
-Since we came home on Sunday and I still had a sub for today, got to hang out at home- bonus!
-After pacing for a while, deciding whether or not to open my school email, I did it and realized why I didn't want to.
-Went to Starbucks and Ikea with Mark to look at kitchen cabinets- if only I didn't have a job, Ikea is a great place to hang out on a Monday!
-Did lots of laundry.
-Looked at photos from our trip. I'll post more later so you all can see how the Pearsons party.
-Now enjoying a cup of tea (I practiced my british accent all weekend) before heading to bed early.
-Browsing blogs and seeing that so many of you have been to the pumpkin patch- fun!

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

3 comments:

tiffany jeanne said...

That sounds like an insanely busy, but fun trip! So, did the class survive without you for a few days??

Robin said...

They literally cheered "hooray!" when I got back. One of those moments when I feel just how neat it is to be a teacher. The trip was awesome, but I'm ready for a REAL vacation now! :)

Cara Grube :) said...

I could really go for some 80 degree weather right now! Sounds like a really fun trip :)