Sunday, March 7, 2010

Life with baby Brynn



Well, I figured it was about time to update my blog, since the most current post is of me with a babe in my belly- a babe which has been here with us for almost 3 weeks now! I'll write a future post with her birth story, but for now, I'll say that Brynn Rebecca was born at 8:06am on February 17th, just 2 days after my birthday- the best belated gift I've ever received! =) She was 7lbs 4oz at birth and 9 days later she was already up to 7lbs 5oz, so we know she's getting enough to eat! It's hard to imagine what life was like before her arrival- Mark and I both wondered how things would change and whether or not we would miss our "old" life- as it has been said, "a baby changes everything". Mark says it's as if someone has pushed a "reset" button on our lives, and any of the concerns we had before just aren't there now, we have a daughter and I'm a mom and he's a dad and that's just the way life is now...and we love it. It has been so amazing watching Mark as a daddy- he's so gentle and sweet and protective. We're just now starting to have more friends and family over as we were careful the first couple weeks to make sure the 3 of us could bond. Mark has a little over a week left at home with us; it has been such a blessing to have him home for so long to really get to know Brynn and be able to take care of her in these early weeks along with me. Brynn is sweet but strong-willed. She was holding her head up on day 1, which makes us think she will be a very independent little lady. She's dealing with some reflux issues, which aren't fun for any of us and make her pretty fussy at times, but she's a great eater and sleeper, so we're thankful for that! She likes her car seat and the car and the stroller, so we've been able to get out at least once every day without much fuss, which is great since I, at times, feel like I'm strapped to the Boppy. =)

It's pretty insane to think that I'm actually writing all of this right now...and that it's about me, and my life...this whole experience is still so new and honestly feels so normal, but yet so surreal at the same time. We love you, little Brynn!




5 comments:

Nicole said...

She's just beautiful Robin! I'm so happy for you and Mark, I love hearing about your life as parents!

anne said...

Yeah, this post is absolutely the sweetest thing! :) I can't wait to hear more about your new life as a mom...what fun and exciting times for your family of three. Love you lots! And miss you too.

The Weathered Sailor said...

She's perfect. You're the best. Mark is reasonably sufficient. And everyone is healthy. Things couldn't be much better, and I'm real proud.

Code 3,
Unk

Cara Grube :) said...

Congratulations, Robin! She's beautiful! :)

tiffany jeanne said...

Beautiful words AND photos! Glad you're all doing well. Brynn is just beautiful!!