Friday, April 23, 2010

We're on a roll!

Ugh. Blogger is doing this weird thing where it won't let me see my pictures while I write my post, instead it's showing me jumbled-up text, so my nicely planned narrative isn't going to work this time since I can't write below the pictures. Oh well.

Brynn is now 9 weeks old and we can hardly believe how fast the days go and how much she is changing each week. It's really incredible. The title of this post is appropriate because she rolled from her tummy to her back twice today for the first time! The picture below of her on the play mat is the spot where she did it. I tried to get her to do it for the camera, but alas, as many mamas know, that doesn't always work.

She is talking a lot more and it's just the most precious thing. We make noises back to her and that usually encourages her to talk even more. It's so fun to hear her little voice- it sounds like a little munchkin. =) I almost cry thinking about the fact that her little voice will soon be saying "mama" and "dada" and of course, "MOTHER! All the other girls get to hang out at the mall all day,why can't I ?!" and "I promise I'll do my homework and chores AFTER I watch 90210." ...ok, so maybe that one is a bit outdated, but you get the point.

Brynn is very active and we frequently find her in many different positions as she sleeps- just this morning, I looked into her bassinet and she had scooched herself all the way down to the bottom corner and had an imprint of the bassinet on her forehead from being squished against it. Silly girl.

I'm definitely in a time of transition as a new mom- I've realized lately that even though it's been 9 weeks since I had a baby, that doesn't mean that life can go back to normal in terms of me doing all the things I did before I had her- commitments and such. That has been a hard realization because it means there are things I need to give up for now that I enjoy, but I'm also reminded that this season in life is short and before we know it, we'll have a whole other kind of transition to deal with in Brynn not needing us as much anymore, or at least not in the way she needs us now. So, with that in mind, I'm choosing to cherish my new reality as a mother and embrace the sacrifices that come along with it.

Brynn is napping now and I have exactly an hour and a half to shower, tidy up, and bake some cookies for company before we have to get to an appointment- Mark is coming home early today- hooray for that! I'm thinking our evening will consist of pizza, wine, and watching old seasons of The Office on Netflix- oh yea, and I'm sure our little bug will occupy what's left of the night. =)

So grateful for this time in life- it's even more fabulous than I imagined!




2 comments:

tiffany jeanne said...

Your baby is so beautiful Robin! And you are just as gorgeous! So happy you're all doing well.

christy said...

So fun! Sounds like she is advanced if you ask me. ;)