Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Moms n' Tots

Our church has a fantastic program called "Moms n' Tots" that meets every other Tuesday. The moms have fellowship time with a delicious spread of food (what church event would be complete without grub, right?), listen to a speaker, and then break into discussion groups to reflect on what the theme of the day is. The kids have their own program and the volunteers who work with them are wonderful.

I was really nervous about leaving Brynn in the nursery since she' such a mama's girl and Moms n' Tots is during her am nap time, so I signed up to help in the nursery on my "off" week- we went last week and she did great, but I was still nervous to leave her for the first time today. I put her down for a nap and walked out of the doors of the nursery, shedding a few tears and listening to the nursery volunteers cheer me on. The time with the other moms was amazing- the woman who spoke was a seasoned mother and truly blessed us all with her words.

I always think it's crazy how the Lord works in our lives- last week I was at a baby shower for a former co-worker and one of the ladies I used to teach with asked if I knew a woman at our church that she used to have as a student- guess who is my discussion group leader for MnT? THAT woman. Also, there's a young mom in our church who has been battling a brain tumor. I've never met her, but I've been praying for her and her family since our local newspaper wrote an article about her. Guess who is is my discussion group? THAT woman. Some people may see these little things as coincidences, but I know better. The Lord is going to be working in me this year and somehow these women will be involved. I can't wait to see what He's planning!

When I returned to the nursery, Brynn was flapping her arms and legs in excitement to see me. She slept for an hour and a half there and the report was that she did great and had fun playing the rest of the time.

I find that with each new step I take in motherhood, I cringe with a bit of anxiety because I wonder how Brynn and I will cope. I feel more confident with each milestone that we pass together and it's never as bad as I anticipate. I know the Lord has much in store for me in this adventure of being a mama and I know some of it will feel easy and some of it will stretch me in ways I didn't know were possible.

Loving this adventure SO much.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I'm so behind on blog reading!! I loved this post, and way to be a brave Mama :) Hope to see you two soon!