Wednesday, February 27, 2008

So dissapointing...

So, first, I must start off this post with something positive...during one of my first-grade classes today, we somehow got on the subject of presidents. At one point, a boy named Alex said, "There used to be a woman president, a long time ago. Her name was Christopher Columbus." Hmm. Now, just let that brew for a moment. And now, don't you ALL wish you had my job?! Where else would you hear interesting facts like this on a daily, if not hourly, basis?

Okay, on to the dissapointing part. So, I had an appointment to get my hair highlighted (desperately needed) afterschool and was really excited because I had a long day and the salon I go to is amazing in that it's reasonably priced and my stylist gives amazing, long scalp massages. I was sad because my regular girl, Kristen, wasn't available for several weeks, but remembering my roots, literally, I went ahead and saw someone else. She did a okay job, but definately wasn't as creative with the color as my regular girl...and....get ready....no scalp massage. To make things worse, at the time I had made the appointment, I said I wanted to see someone that charged the same as Kristen, which is around $75. Today, I paid $125! I asked the receptionist about it, and she suggested I talk to the stylist who just cut my hair if I had a problem...yea right..."Hey, Terri? Um, yea, why would I pay you $125 for a 'sorta good' coloring job and absence of a scalp massage when I could get rad highlights and a scalp massage that almost has me passed out on the floor for $75?".

I didn't say anything.

I left...on the way home, knowing that Mark would be home late and I would be off the hook from cooking dinner, I decided to pick up teriaki. I walked in the door of my house, changed into sweats as fast as humanly possible, poured myself a glass of our new fav wine, Clos de Boir chardonnay, and sat on the couch with my styrofoam-clad dinner and plastic fork. I was ready. I opened my styrofoam container and, in an instant, the smile that was on my face turned into this:


The chicken was visibly dry and tasted awful. I picked at it and decided to give up. Sad, sad dinner. Sad, sad price for hair color...at least I had the first-graders. :)

As a side note, when I asked Mark to take a picture of me for this post...he looked at me like I had just pooped my pants and said, "ooooookaaaaay??" As he was trying to focus the camera, the frown I started with began to turn into the strange half frown-half smile you see above. Have you ever tried to frown when you're not mad while someone who doesn't understand WHY you're taking a "frown" picture is staring at you with a camera in your face? Also, I found it hard to frown while also keeping my double chin under control. Sigh.

1 comment:

Erin said...

OMG...Robin you are so funny! Aren't you glad EVERY day isn't this disappointing? Thanks for posting on my blog - yes, we still live in the same house (for a little longer - it's about to go on the market). Come see us if you are in the neighborhood - or better yet, why don't we set a date and have you over for dinner? It would be great to see you two and get caught up. I loved your Ramen post...this is almost exactly what I just had for dinner tonight....creepy!