Friday, February 15, 2008

Another year...


Well, today is my 27th birthday and instead of thinking about being closer to 30 than I was last year, the wrinkles that are starting to sneak their way onto my face, and my slowing metabolism...instead I'm looking at this day in a new light. I am SO grateful for this life the Lord has given me...He has blessed me more in these last 27 years than I ever thought was possible in a whole lifetime. Here are 27 things I am thankful for on my 27th birthday:

1. A healthy body and mind
2. A soul that is saved by the grace of God
3. A loving and attentive husband, who is so much fun- I always hoped that I would have a strong, studly man of God to walk this journey of life with- well, I got WAY more than I hoped for in Mark!
4. My awesome, insirpational brother, Aaron. He is so much fun and has the BEST laugh!
5. My parents- they love me so well and are my biggest fans in life.
6. Mark's parents- they inspire me every day.
7. Friends from many backgrounds- I always have someone to call who will listen to me blab! :)
8. Having the honor of knowing Toni Bukowski...one of the strongest women in my life and inspiration to reach for the stars.
9. Starbucks coffee
10. A good book
11. My home- stuck in the 60's, yes, but just like me, has potential. :)
12. A full-time teaching contract through June at a job that gets better every day.
13. Good neighbors
14. The view from my house
15. Dates with Mark
16. My Temperpedic mattress and pillow...seriously, no more sciatic pain for me!
17. No traffic on Sunday afternoons
18. A good bra!
19. The knowledge that I CAN make a difference in the future of our environment- it all comes down to my choice and follow-through. I'm getting better.
20. My students- they make me laugh and always seem to know when a hug or a sweaty cookie hiding in their pocket is all I need to brighten my day.
21. Music
22. Chocolate
23. My education
24. My sister-in-law Becca, who has been through so much in her life and never complains. She is a joy to be around.
25. My five senses- I take in so much every day and I can't imagine what I would do if I couldn't experience something 5 different ways.
26. Hot showers
27. My future. I used to be a very anxious person and suffered panic attacks-even to the point of going to the ER. I've been getting much better over the last year, but one night not too long ago, I was praying and I heard a special message from the Lord that I will share with you in person, but it has been very comforting and has enabled me to be able to look ahed with less fear and worry. What a blessing- the Lord DOES take care of my every need.

I look forward to what year "27" of my life brings!

2 comments:

Mandy said...

Happy Birthday, Robin! You're so funny about the wrinkles & stuff- as if 27 is old :) YOu look great in that picture by the way!! I can't wait to see you in person hopefully soon! I want to buy you a birthday coffee or something!
Hope you feel truly celebrated on your special day!

Kristen Gough said...

Happy Birthday! You are a beautiful gal inside and out! I loved reading this post. What a beautiful way to celebrate your birthday by making a list of things you're thankful for.