Tuesday, January 26, 2010

baby girl's room


As usual, pictures are out of order. Oh well. As you can see, our bags are packed!



Close-up of the shelf that hangs over the changing table, with a framed Psalm that Tiffany made and read at one of baby girl's showers. I read this Psalm in such a different way now that I'm expecting a child.


A close-up of the polka dot garland that Anne helped me make. I had an idea in my head for this project- since the window isn't that big, I didn't want a curtain or valance, but I knew I couldn't attempt this craft on my own. Enter Anne with her awesome Cricut machine and her great idea for assembling the garland. I love how it turned out- so cute and EXACTLY the idea I had in my head! Thanks, Anne!


I sit in the glider all the time...I like to take my coffee up there with me and just think about the fact that I am sitting in my baby's room...wow. I can't WAIT to meet her.


Fun friends in the crib.


We wanted to create a bright, cheerful room for baby girl to sleep and play in...I think that is what we ended up with! We plan to add wainscoating to the bottom of the wall, but as many of you with kids know, you can't always get everything done at once! :)

7 comments:

Sheila said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
anne said...

Love it! Sooooooo cute! ;) Thanks for posting this for all of us to see.

J Yo said...

The room turned out so cute, Robin! Now I can't wait to see the cute baby that'll go in it!! ;)

Kristen Gough said...

i love everything about your daughter's room, robin! nice work. what a cheerful and welcoming space to bring your baby home to. i love what you wrote about sitting in there, in the glider, with your coffee, thinking about your daughter, so full of anticipation. i did the very same thing before evan was born. it is such a sweet time, and i am so excited for you...for all that these coming weeks will bring! God bless you and your husband, Robin!

christy said...

I just LOVE it! I want to play in it. :) Can't wait to meet her!!! Tell her we are ready... anytime.

tiffany jeanne said...

Robin, I got a little tear in my eye reading this...I SOOOO remember all those feelings you're having! What a special special time!!! Thank you for letting me be a part of your baby's room...the Psalm looks so cute above that shelf. I hope to see you next Tuesday but if you're having that baby I'll understand ;) Just promise to bring her so we can meet her

hugs!

Nicole said...

The room looks great, I love all the bright colors! So cheerful and just waiting to welcome Baby Girl :)