Thursday, January 28, 2010

Things are beginning to happen...

So, day 4 of being a child-less SAHM is closing, and so far I'm SO grateful not to be at work this week. I have needed the extra rest, and also the quiet of my home while I putz around doing "stuff". I've been out every day at some point, and it's amazing how much more exhausted I am by a short outing this week than I was last week...guess that means I'm getting close. I'm looking forward to staying in tomorrow and cooking some meals to freeze, watching another great 80's movie (I watched Footloose yesterday) and napping.

I had an appointment on Wednesday and I'm 1.5 cm dilated, 60% effaced, baby is at a -3 station and dr could feel her head. CRAZY! I have to say, this news is making me more anxious and excited at the same time, and I marvel at how my body is beginning to do what it's supposed to do to bring a baby into this world. It truly is a miracle that I'm experiencing! I'm hoping that when I go back next week, a bit more progress has been made- we shall see!

On a random side note, we are going through The Truth Project at church and our small group is encouraged to ask these questions every week to see what people say...so, I thought this would be a good venue to solicit responses from many people at once...only respond if you want to.

-Who is God?
-If you believe there is a God, how do you know?
-If someone said they knew God personally, what would that look like/how would it be manifested in their life?

1 comment:

Kara said...

We're doing the Truth Project with our small group too. This is the second time dusty and i have done it and i learn even more the 2nd time around. good luck with the birth. you will be amazing, I'm positive.