Saturday, January 2, 2010

New beginnings...


Guess what? We're having a baby...next month. I can say that now because it's January.

Crazy.

This holiday season was wonderful and focused on the most important things in life, faith, family, friends...and can I also add food to that list? Okay, thanks. Food.


This is a year of new beginnings for our family. Life without green carpet, my final 3 weeks teaching begin on Monday, the countdown to baby girl's arrival, and learning what it's like to live with a

very
small
person.


Within the last 2 days, 2 friends have been lost. One, a friend our family has known since childhood, and the other, someone I went to college with.

Life is so fragile- each day is a true gift.

Such a sad way to begin the year, thinking of the families who surround these men that passed away.



As my focus shifts this year towards serving Mark and our baby full-time, and as I think of these families who have lost someone they love, I want to remember each day to be thankful for who and what I have in my life. We have so much that we don't need and all that we have, we don't deserve...yet we serve a God that chooses to bless us with so much anyway.

Why are we so loved?


I have so much more that I'm thinking tonight, but I keep deleting what I write because it all comes out so jumbled.

asdfoiansigubvvriewawe. Like that.

I am excited, nervous, anxious, and so happy about 2010 and all that the Lord has in store for our little family.

Mark is having fun playing with his new camera he bought recently...he's really good and I can't wait for him to have a tiny little model to pose and take pictures of.

That makes me smile.

5 comments:

anne said...

Looks like the photography bug has hit several people this holiday season. So much fun! :)

You are a huge blessing to me...just an FYI! I love you lots and I'm so excited to meet your little girl! She's going to be here sooooooooooo soon!

I'm so sorry for the recent losses in your life. Those are never easy to deal with! Please know that I'm here if you need ANYTHING!
P.S. What kind of camera did Mark get?

Krista said...

robin, sorry to hear about those close to you you have lost. we will be thinking of you guys, and praying for their families as well. Thanks for sharing your thankful thoughts! and have fun getting finally prepared (if you ever really can) for your baby!!!

Stefanie said...

you make me smile.

Doreen T. said...

Your thoughts and photos are beautifully presented. I'll be praying as you make final preparations for the arrival of your precious little one.

tiffany jeanne said...

Robin, I'm thinking about you lots as you approach motherhood. Wow. It's almost here for you! I'm praying blessings upon blessings for you, Mark, and baby girl Pearson this year. You will marvel at God's creation when they put that sweet, pink, screaming little baby on your chest after delivery! (I'm feeling WAY sentimental right now because I'm sleep-deprived from work and also having a hard time thinking of Jackson turning 1... :))

Anyway, Happy New Year! And I love Mark's photos. He's going to have fun with his newest little subject very soon!

((hugs))