Monday, January 11, 2010

HUGE!

36 weeks and I swear I don't look this big when I see myself in the mirror! I'm standing in the nursery- pictures to come soon- I'm waiting for "Crafty Anne" to help me create one final touch for baby's room. :)

I have 8 days of schools left, which is very bittersweet. I love my job and will miss my students and friends so much, but I cannot wait for this new adventure of mommyhood to begin!

I'm beginning to feel really irritable lately, which isn't my character. I find that I feel overwhelmed if people get too close to me or ask me how I'm doing or how I'm feeling. I hate feeling this way because I don't want to seem rude...all "the books" say this is normal. I still also feel pretty apprehensive about sharing this babe with anyone except Mark...I think I'm just feeling really protective about our little family lately. I never expected to feel these emotions, and I'm hoping they'll go away with her birth so I'm not annoyed with everyone around me and become a hermit! :)

As I write this, there's another load of baby things in the dryer (love it) and I did seriously consider using a toothpick to dig out the dirt in the cracks of our floor planks this afternoon, but got distracted with some other crazy activity...I feel like I'll go into labor after my due date, but I've had 3 friends in the last couple weeks deliver at least a week earlier than expected- one 17 days early! So I'm starting to feel like I want to get EVERYTHING done, which I know isn't possible...but at least something to aspire to!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful Monday so far- we had a fabulous weekend full of celebrating a dear friend's life at a memorial, celebrating baby girl's life at a shower, and hanging out with some of our favorite people for dinner and to celebrate Mark's birthday! We are so blessed with the opportunities to connect and share life with others!

2 comments:

tiffany jeanne said...

You are CUTE! Seriously, pregnancy looks darling on you!

christy said...

Cute cute cute! I LOVE the green. I was just thinking about painting Caser's room green. And don't worry... everything you are feeling it totally normal. I still don't like to share Case. Shh! Don't tell. :)