Monday, December 17, 2007

Enjoying (really!) a day home sick

I just finished my masters degree and student teaching on the 7th, and of course, got the well-known "I'm done with this really stressful phase and now am ready to relax" cold.

*Sniffle*

Yet, I truly enjoyed my day today. After not getting much sleep last night (Mark slept in the guest room for fear of being woken by my "beastly" (Mark's words) coughing/sneezing/nose blowing, I eventually gave up at 7 this morning and figured I'd do better on the couch where I could at least enjoy a cup of coffee. I spent the whole day "house-wifeing". I ran some Christmas errands in the morning and then came home and busied myself filling our house with some of my favorite smells- laundry, bleach, and the apple spice candle in the kitchen.

Several times throughout the day, I thought about how thankful I am to have a home to take care of and the privilege to be able to take a day off when I'm sick.

1 comment:

Kristy Turner said...

Robin you crack me up... and so does mark. I love the beastly comment! Hilarious!