Monday, January 14, 2008

Crazy Weather!

Today I stayed at school for an extra 20 minutes waiting for the rain/hail/ice storm to stop for a moment so I could sprint to my car! Another teacher and I finally agreed to run into the blustery unknown together for moral support...and were both thankful that our cars have remote door locks so we could open the door as soon as we got to it- whew! When I slid into my car seat (literally, I was THAT wet!) I looked up in the mirror and saw that my hair was covered with little ice balls...I giggled to myself, thinking what Mark would say about my 'do if he was with me. As I drove home, hydroplaning through puddles and being sprayed with water from all directions, all I could think of was how a nice cup of coffee and a cookie sounded...afterall, I did brave the elements to get home. :)

At home finally, the coffee pot is brewing- love that smell- and I light a candle in the kitchen...this is such a habit as the first thing I do when I get home...before even taking my coat off. I sat on the couch with my cup o' joe and oatmeal raisin cookie, snuggled in a blanket and looking out our big picture windows at the world blowing by outside- thankful for my warm home.
I decided it was a night for a cozy dinner...spaghetti. I poured myself a glass of wine and enjoyed watching the Food Network as my own little gourmet meal simmered on the stove.
Dinner turned out great- thank to Mark for taking this great shot of my dish- I'm not great with photography :) He told me that I need to use the "macro" setting for a close-up shot like this...guess I'll try that myself next time.



I'm going to do another post now- a little venting about substitute teaching...read on- I'd love your prayers, encouragement and to crash my pity party. :)

1 comment:

Mandy said...

that dinner looks amazing, robin! anytime you want to come over and cook for me... :)