Monday, January 7, 2008

Weekend trip with the Turners





This past weekend, we took a trip to Wenachee to go skiing at Mission Ridge. Our friends, Tim and Kristy, went along with us. We stayed at Kristy's parent's house and had a fabulous time. They were so hospitable- they had a beautiful breakfast for us each day and prepared a delicious dinner on Saturday night. The snow on the mountain was great and we all survived without injury, though we are all pretty sore now!

This was Kristy's first time snowboarding in a few years and she did great. By the end of the day, she was boarding like a champ! :-) I really enjoyed my time on the mountain and with an adventurous hubby like Mark, it made me feel good to be doing something that he really loves- I know he was proud of me for stepping out of my comfort zone. This is my third year skiing and though I'm not yet a pro, I'm feeling more confident every time I go.

Today is Mark's 27th birthday and our trip was exactly what he wanted to do to celebrate. I'll be taking him out to dinner tonight and have a few little surprise gifts for him. I feel so blessed to have such an incredible husband in Mark and I can hardly believe we've been together for almost 7 years!

Dear Lord- I thank you so much for Mark. He is such an incredible man and loves You more than anything. I thank You for another year with him and I pray this year that You would bless him greatly, like he's never experienced before. Thank you, God, for the amazing character and integrity you have given Mark. Help him to continue to be a leader for others and show Your love in all he does. Amen.

No comments: