Friday, January 18, 2008

Yes, this is the exciting news I talked about...

...This will be a short post because I'm exhausted after this day and need to take a nap before cooking up a delicious steak dinner. Yum! So...long story short, I'm beginning on a journey of being a long-term sub for an elementary music position here in town. It came up at just the right time- I love the idea of being in the same school every day and not subbing all the time. This may turn into a contracted position through the end of the year, too, which would be awesome and would bump my pay up to my Masters level. I didn't think I'd be teaching music, and we'll see where this gets me- I would love to be back in Bellevue in the fall, but for now, God has truly blessed me with an incredible opportunity to make the next 6 months a learning experience and to get a head start on that whole "1st year teacher" thing. :) Please pray for me! The kids were pretty crazy today and I have a feeling it's going to take a couple weeks before they know what my expectations are for behavior. Another crazy thing?! The teacher I'm filling in for used to teach band at my high school- what a small world!

2 comments:

Kristen Gough said...

yay! what great news, robin!! i'm so curious where you're teaching. i know the kids are going to love you and have such fond memories of being in your music class. how great that you'll be able to focus in on your work, not having to worry about where you'll be from day to day. here's hoping for a contract!! have a great dinner tonight, and a great weekend, too. xoxo.

Mandy said...

congrats robyn! that is excitint news- keep us posted on how it goes!