Thursday, May 1, 2008

Catching up...


It has been a busy week in the Pearson home- below is a pic from the night we celebrated my mom's 39th birthday...we dined at a delicious restaurant on the water and had a fabulous time laughing, looking at the view, and talking about my mom's upcoming "graduation" from the teaching profession.





Meet a few new members of the Pearson family. We've always been a charcoal grill gang, but having a gas grill is so much easier and convienient...we bought one over the weekend and have used it 4 times this week already!




Funny, even though we have a large yard with plenty of room for a vegetable garden (which I do want to start someday), I feel intimidated by the amount of time it takes to maintain such produce...so, I decided I'd start some fresh herbs (lemon thyme, basil and cilantro) and a tomato plant right outside my back door. I've read in my new Organic Gardening magazine (great, by the way!) that for beginners, grape tomatoes are the place to start. They are just smaller and it's apparently so much easier to get used to how to care for them. We shall see! I'm envisioning salads and pastas tossed with my fresh herbs and tomatoes all summer! Who wants to join us for dinner, al fresco?

It was so beautiful outside tonight, Mark, my brother and I ate outside on the patio! I made homemade tortilla soup along with some spicy barbequed shrimp (YUM-O!)- the spicy stuff is a theme lately with Mark and my brother...it's weird, but I suppose I'm glad they are addicted to seeing how much spice they can handle than, say, gambling or something...whatev- and we sipped gin n' tonics...so fresh and delicious! Can't wait for more warm evenings!

No comments: