Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Thankful November- day 10



Today I'm thankful for playtime with Brynn. I sometimes take for granted how well and how long she can play by herself, at least at this point. I'm able to run around while she plays and get things done, or fold a pile of laundry while I sit with her and watch her play. I remind myself daily to scrap all those chores and play with her, which I do, many times daily. It's so fun to watch her discover new ways to play with her toys, for instance, she has one of those tubs with shape cut-outs and the shapes that go with them. For a long time, if I put the shapes into the tub, she wouldn't reach in to get them, but she'd just bang on the tub instead. =) Then one day last week, she started reaching into the tub to get the shapes and now it's one of her most-loved activities- reaching into that tub, or any tub/bowl, and picking out the things that are inside. I'm amazed at how her little mind works- how did she decide that day that it was the day to try something new? So magical to have the pleasure of watching my baby girl grow and change through play.

No comments: