Friday, November 26, 2010

Thankful November- day 25

Today I'm thankful for family. It's Thanksgiving and you know what that means- food and family. I'm so grateful that for many of our 7 years of marriage, Mark's parents have joined us at my parents' house, along with my mom's extended family, so that we haven't had to rotate holidays or rush around to eat 2 Thanksgivings. Everyone is together and it's crazy, but fun. Our families have been wonderful since Brynn has been with us, always wanting to help out, babysit, etc. Mark and I both grew up in the same town, which we live fairly close to now, so our parents and my brother are easily accessible. =) I feel like I have all the support I could ever want or need within our families, and they love us a lot. I'm so looking forward to Brynn growing up and getting to know her grandparents, her aunt and her uncle, and watching those relationships develop. There are different things that each family member will enjoy with her and teach her, and for that, I'm grateful. I've always been a person that likes some amount of space, and our families are good about respecting that =), but I sure can't imagine living far away from them, especially now that Brynn is here. It's wonderful that they see her on a weekly basis and are learning things about her, and us as parents, that they wouldn't if they were a state away. I'm so thankful for the support and encouragement our families provide and their presence in our lives.

No comments: