Saturday, November 13, 2010

Thankful November- day 12

Today I'm thankful for my home.


view of the backyard and garage...

We've lived in this home for 3.5 years and have had so much fun remodeling and putting our stamp on this place. This house is way more than we deserve in every aspect and I'm so grateful that we get to call it ours for now. One of my favorite things about this house is that it has an awesome landing upstairs. I've always loved homes with landings and this one almost feels like another room because it's so spacious. There's a little spot for a table to display things on and plenty of room for more people to walk around up there at once. The other thing that is amazing about this house is the storage...there's almost too much! There are huge closets everywhere, a huge basement, and a 3-car garage with a wood shed and a tool shed attached. We have a great view of the lake, Seattle, and the sunsets here are incredible.

All these things are great, but really what I love best about our home is that it is OUR home. When I walk in, I feel at ease. It smells like home. It's warm and cozy. It's where we brought our first baby home to live.

I am so grateful to the Lord for blessing us with such a beautiful home to begin our years as a family of three. Friends are always welcomed with a drink and something tasty to eat! =)

No comments: