Thursday, November 11, 2010

Thankful November- day 11

Today I'm thankful for the veterans of our country's military that have given their service, and many their lives, to protect the nation they love. I have known several veterans, including my own dad, and I'm always amazed at the stories they have to share about their time in the service and the fact that they so willingly gave so many years of their life to protect us, knowing that it may well cost them their lives. This is the greatest country in the world, in my opinion, and I can't say that in my lifetime I may ever have the opportunity to do anything as brave as what military servicemen/women do every single day. I'm also thankful for the men and women currently serving in the military and their families, for I know the support they are given by their families makes their jobs easier to do. If you know any veterans, let them know today how much they are appreciated. I, for one, am off to give my dad a call! =)

No comments: